An observation from the Visit to Pikwitonei

Last Sunday, as you know, we visited Pikwitonei. 
I had been given a theme “in the Beginning God” and I was thinking on what can I use to help people, especially children,  relate to the topic. Just for you to understand: children in the communities have a little attention span. They can quickly start losing interest. There are also children with some syndromes ( like alcohol fetal syndrome) and some other issues.

You know that I quite often use a white board. So I decided to introduce myself – I wrote my name (Alexey). Then i asked for some volunteers to write their names. Two came up (Kisham and Aaron).
I then said: “as you look at the names, they appear all different. But there are at least 2 common things in all these names”. As a group we started to look for common things.. after some discussion we concluded that any name that we write on the board will have 2 absolutely same things in any part of the world:
- the point where marker starts to move and write the name
- the point where marker stops and hand moves the marker away
You can see these large dots on the picture I have posted here.

Using this analogy I started to explain “In The Beginning” theme. I said:
- God one day Started the whole universe. One day He will Stop it.
- God writes our destiny. God puts Start to our life and  He, one day, will put an End to it.

What I personally enjoyed the most was that one boy constantly was repeating this analogy: “We all have Start point and End point. Like our names”

Perhaps this is what we all have to remember: We all are very different. Our names are different. Our life story is different. Our language and place of living is different. But we all have 2 things: Once, God put a starting dot in our story. And one day He will put His ending dot. 
Now, we can ask ourselves: Who is actually writing my life story? Is it God? Or I constantly want to write it my own way..

.........................................

For faster navigation, please jump to : NAVIGATION